How to Install the iOS 10 Beta on Your iPhone Right Now
Apple has released the beta version of its latest version of iOS - the iOS 10 - for the beta testers. If you want to have this latest update on your iPhone, you can just get yourself enrolled in beta testing and you should be able to run the latest version of iOS on your iPhone right away.
Not only is it iOS 10 that you can enjoy on your iPhone, but you also have the latest version of OS X to try out on your Mac before its official release that is a few months away.
Before you can update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS, you need to first enroll in the beta testing program, download and install beta profile on your iPhone, and only then should you be able to run iOS 10 on your device.
Here’s how to do that all:
Downloading and Installing the Apple Beta profile on your iPhone
You must have enrolled yourself in the beta testing program on Apple’s website or you won’t be able to follow the following steps.
1. Launch Safari on your iPhone by tapping on its icon.
2. When Safari launches, head over to the Apple Beta page which is located at the following URL: https://beta.apple.com/profile
3. You’ll be asked to log-in with your Apple account if you aren’t already. Do so and move forward.
4. After you’ve logged-in to your Apple account, you should be able to see the following on your screen. On that page, tap on the button that says Download profile to download the beta testing profile on your iPhone.
5. It should automatically launch the settings panel on your iPhone. On that panel, you need to tap on the option that says Install. It’s located in the top-right corner of your screen.
6. You’ll be asked to enter your passcode. Just enter it and you should be able to move forward.
7. It will then ask for your consent and you can give the consent by tapping on the Install button in the top-right corner on your screen.
8. A small menu should bring up from the bottom of your screen. Tap on Install in the menu to install the profile on your iPhone.
9. It shouldn’t take too long for it to install the profile on your iPhone. When the profile’s installed, you should see the following.
10. You’ll be prompted to reboot your iPhone for the changes to take effect. You must do this before you can install iOS 10 on your iPhone, so tap on Restart and your iPhone should reboot.
There you go, you’ve successfully installed the Apple beta profile on your iPhone to be able to enjoy the beta versions of iOS on your iPhone.
Here’s what you need to do to install iOS 10 Beta after you’ve rebooted your iPhone:
Installing the iOS 10 Public Beta on your iPhone
1. Tap on Settings on the Springboard of your iPhone to access the settings menu.
2. When settings menu launches, tap on the option that says “General” to access general settings on your iPhone.
3. Once in General settings panel, tap on the Software Update option to access iOS updates panel.
4. Your iPhone should automatically check for the OS updates, and when it’s done, you should be able to see the iOS 10 Beta update available to be installed on your iPhone.
If you’re all set to install the update, tap on Download and Install to download and install iOS 10 Beta on your iPhone.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions for updating your iPhone with the latest iOS beta version.
You’re all done.
Within a few minutes, you should be running the latest iOS 10 Beta on your iPhone that brings with it a number of new features for you.
Let us know how this worked for you in the comments below!
Mahesh is a tech enthusiast who loves writing about technology. Mostly, he prefers writing How To posts that help users get the most out of their tech gadgets. While he is not writing a post, he's usually thinking of the next set of posts he could create. You can follow him on Twitter at @maheshhari.