When choosing earphones, it can be quite daunting differentiating between different products. Don’t you agree? These earphones mean very different things for different users. For some, it could be the pure joy that comes from hearing the musicians’ breath. For some, especially travelers and commuters, it could be the noise cancellation. Or just maybe, you are a music junkie who derives joys from tuning out the world and cranking up your favorite jams.
Well, whatever your reasons may be, it is crucially important to research on the features of the earphone you wish to purchase, to ensure they best fit your desired need. To make your process a bit easier, take a look at some of the best earbuds under 100 (in-ear headphone) in the market, their features, pros and cons at relatively affordable prices before you make your big decision.
Top 5 Best Earbuds Under 100 – Best In-ear Headphones For 2017
|Bose SoundSport in-ear headphones - Apple devices, Frost||2162 Reviews||from $82.90||Buy on Amazon|
|Symphonized NRG Wood Headphones, Red||5210 Reviews||$25.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Beats By Dr. Dre In Ear Head Phones Stereo Headset for HTC, Black||207 Reviews||$36.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Shure SE215-K Sound Isolating Earphones with Single Dynamic MicroDriver||2633 Reviews||$99.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Denon AH-C300 Urban RaverTM In-Ear Headphones, Black||96 Reviews||No new offers available||Buy on Amazon|
Last update on 2017-03-26 | Details
1. Bose-SoundSport Ear Headphones – Charcoal
Through the years, Bose has had quite some different variations of the in-ear earphone to choose from. One of its latest productions, the SoundSport Ear Headphones is undoubtedly a new force to reckon with. If you have been searching for comfortable, secure and sweat-resistant earphones, then just maybe your search has come to an end.
The Bose-SoundSport Ear Headphones are a sweat-resistant and completely ultra-comfortable earbud style earphones that securely stay in your ears. This is one of the best in-ear headphones that is perfectly ideal for people who don’t like having ear tips jammed into their ears. It comes with buds designed to sit loosely in one’s ears, but are held in place Bose’s renown StayHear tips, which come featuring a soft silicon wing-like make in three different sizes.
The device has a medium-length cable which is made in such a way that it feels long enough without being unnecessarily too long. It is about 42 inches long. This way you don’t have too much cord dangling around especially if you are doing any form of athletic activity. Convenient, right?
Additionally, the SoundSport earphones are not only sweat-resistant but also, weather-resistant. This ideally provides improved durability and complete resistance in case of water splashes. This is not to say that you should go dipping your earphones in water to prove my point, however.
It is also worthwhile to note that the device’s inline remote design is excellently done with the ability to switch easily between music and calls. It has tactile buttons which are very easy to operate just by feel. Its call quality is similarly good and the headphone works very well as a headset.
The SoundSport Ear Headphones come with a straight plug which is sturdier than an L-shaped plug. This kind of plug is both compact and is designed in a manner that works quite well with most cell-phone cases. Moreover, the device comes with a lightweight, portable and durable case which is designed to store and protect your headphones when not in use. It also provides a place to store your keys, or even money, when working out.
Regarding the performance of these headphones, Bose does quite a good job creating smooth-sounding headphones which are ideally well balanced and with good bass performance. The sound produced is decent enough but its noise isolation could be made even better.
However, one major complaint you may have about this particular earphone is that its volume is a bit lower compared to most other earphones in the market. But given that this is an in-ear headphone, I would say that this is a proper safety precaution to prevent people from damaging their ears.
Another disclaimer would be that the headphone lets in some noise ambiance. It is therefore not ideal earphones to be used by people on a plane or in the regular subway with a lot of noise.
- Deep, clear sound enhanced by exclusive TriPort technology for crisp highs and natural-sounding lows
- Proprietary Stay Hear tips, in three sizes, conform to your ear's shape to stay comfortably in place all day
- Sweat- and weather-resistant; engineered and tested for lasting quality and durability
- Inline microphone and remote for easy switching between calls and music with select iPhone models
- Matching protective carrying case included. Please Note: Kindly refer the User Manual before use also see page 10 for troubleshooting.
Last update on 2017-03-25 | Details
2. Symphonized NRG Wood Headphones – Red
I must say, Symphonized has made quite a name for itself among many music lovers with its variety of classic wood music products, good sound quality, and relatively inexpensive prices. With a whole range of products ranging from the NRG, XTC, ALN and the GLXY, you can’t fail to see why not. The NRG however, is arguably one of the most popular among the range.
The Red NRG Wood Headphones are every bit as sexy as they are efficient. They come in a clear plastic box with an insert card slot at the back with all the specs. It has braided cables which not only feel lightweight but are also confidence-inspiring in their construction. Additionally, the pair comes with a small carrying pouch which is eco-friendly and has a nice touchy feel.
These unique headphones come with some removable silicone ear tips in different sizes. The device’s cables are not prone to tangling, a feature that is welcoming to see. The driver casing is made of genuine wood as well, and the whole package is solid to the touch and lightweight in nature.
In terms of performance, the audio of the device is robust and crisp. It doesn’t fall flat in its treble nor does it distort in its bass. The lows are both punchy and forceful but nonetheless very clear while the highs feel sharp. The quality of the audio maintains itself across a variety of music from classical albums to hard punk and all the genres in-between.
As far as noise cancellation and good fit go, these ear buds go from average to above-average. They fit in the ears great and have soft silicone tips. Such help to isolate any ambient noises but don’t completely cancel them out. Nearby sounds may leak through if they are very loud.
All in all, if you are out looking for a pair of earbuds that are both efficient and sound excellent, have a pleasantly attractive design and are quite pocket-friendly, then the Symphonized NRG Wood Headphones will not disappoint.
- Symphonized in-ear noise isolating headphones are handcrafted from real wood
- The earphones have crisp powerful sound and strong deep bass
- Three sizes (S/M/L) of custom comfortable silicone ear tips and one eco-friendly convenient carrying pouch come with our earbuds
- Answer or end calls, activate Voice Control, skip tracks with a smart built-in in-line microphone. The headphones also have a sleek tangle-free nylon cord that comes in different colors
- With the stylish design and high-end sound quality, Symphonized earphones are designed for the latest generations of iPod, iPhone, and iPad. They work with all Androids, tablets, mp3 players, and related devices.
Last update on 2017-03-26 | Details
3. Beats By Dre in-Ear Head Phones Stereo Headset for HTC – Black
Since its debut in producing headphones in 2008, the celebrity-backed headphones have expanded their lineup by producing a wide range of earphones. The new Beats by Dre in-Ear Head Phones Stereo Headset for HTC are a simple and comparatively inexpensive add up to the mix.
It comes featuring the familiar Beats styling popular for Beats by Dre, a bass-heavy frequency and which is distortion-free even at top volumes. Once you use them, you will agree with me that they could be designed to be a bit more secure-fitting and comfortable but all in all, they deliver great solid value for its price range.
Regarding the design of the headset, there is not much change compared to other Beats design. The housing is a fairly lightweight metal which has a pleasant matte look to it. Moreover, on the device’s left ear cable, is a fitted inline remote and microphone ideal for controlling volume and playback and also making calls using your mobile device. To switch back to your music you just use the three-way button.
Included in the package is a storage pouch, four pairs of fitting ear tip remote, a mic which is fully compatible with HTC phones and in-line control. The device additionally is more durable. Replacing any busted ear buds tends to be a tiring affair. However, the Urbeats headphones by Dr. Dre are made in a way that they are an upgrade from other regular earphones. It has better sound, an opportunity to greatly enjoy your music.
The headsets are designed to be tough and durable. Therefore, whether you are extra careful with your earphones, or you carelessly toss them around when they are not in use, it doesn’t matter. The cables are however not detachable, and they are neither weather-proof nor waterproof.
- Original Monster beats by dr. dre "urbeats" black carrying pouch
- Built in Mic for calls, The inline remote or mic may have limited functionality with Apple devices
- Extra 6 sets of different size ear tips in Black finish.
- Solid Metal Housing. Grid-Iron Tough.
- Supplied with no box
Last update on 2017-03-26 | Details
4. Shure SE215-K Sound Isolating Earphones with Single Dynamic MicroDriver
The Shure SE215-K Sound Isolating Earphones with Single Dynamic Micro Driver are earphones that deliver heightened bass and precise sound. It comes with a removable cable which has formable wires that allow easy and simple replacement and quite a comfortable, dependable fit regardless of where it is used.
The earphones come in a soft zip holding case which provides you with an easy, and tangle free way to storing or even traveling with your earphones. The main features of these earphones include:
A sound Isolating Design
The Shure SE215-K comes with a comfortable, sound-isolating sleeve which blocks up to 38 dB of noise. Its sound isolation technology restricts the outside noise from interfering with your music-listening experience. They are undoubtedly a perfect fit designed to achieve the best sound.
Unmatched comfort and personalization
The device has an ergonomic professional design and a low-profile shape; light-weight make with an optimized nozzle angle designed to rest comfortably in the ear. Moreover, it’s over the ear configuration setting keeps any cable out of the way.
- Sound Isolating sleeves – designed to block any ambient noise and guaranteeing a comfortable customized fit. It comes in three different fits: small, medium and large to fit all varieties of ears. It features a good seal ideal for optimizing sound isolation.
- A carrying case – which provides a tangle-free, convenient solution to travel and securely store your earphones.
- Two-year limited warranty
- A durable reinforced cable which allows easy customization and replacement
- Single dynamic micro driver
- Detachable Cable with Wireform Fit
- Sound Isolation technology prevents outside noise from interfering with your audio experience, whether on-stage or on-the-go.
- Lightweight, low-profile shape with optimized nozzle angle is designed to rest comfortably in the ear.
- Soft, flexible sleeves in multiple shapes and sizes gently contour to your ears. Carrying case also included.
- "-K" designates the product's color variation (black). Please refer the User Manual before use which is highly essential.
Last update on 2017-03-25 | Details
The main PROS of this ear-bud includes:
- Excellent sound quality, in-ear comfort, and a good cable quality
- It provides excellent noise cancellation
- It comes at a fairly affordable price
- It has a light-weight, comfortable design
- The device’s gold-plated connector provides great compatibility with a good variety of CD players, MP3 players and even laptops among other devices.
Similarly, the CONS include:
- Some people may find the cord a bit too long and thereby uncomfortable
- It has a very large plug which may be bulky and hence inconvenience
- It has no in-line remote
- We can undoubtedly conclude that Shure came up with a winner with the Shure SE215-K Sound Isolating Earphones with
- Single Dynamic MicroDriver.
5. Denon Urban Raver AH-C300 In-Ear Headphones
For Denon, a popular and respected headphones manufacturer, the idea of bass-heavy earphones is a new territory for them. The Urban-Raver, however, is a good solid pair of earphones. For bass lovers, the tremendous bass produced is a welcome treat. It also comes with innovative features and several accessories like on-ear phone controls.
The Denon group, I must say was very spot on, on the kind of target buyers the company had in mind for their new release earphones, The Denon Urban Raver AH-C300 In-Ear Headphones. In their marketing, the company claims that this new pair of earphones is guaranteed to provide all music lovers with a bone-jarring, yet completely powerful and amazing bass experience.
Fortunately, the Denon Urban Raver doesn’t look anything as ridiculous as its name sounds. The device’s earphones are somewhat bulky, but provide a secure fit and are lightweight in nature. They come with six good pairs of silicon ear tips in different sizes, small, medium and large and three pairs of stabilizers in several sizes to provide a secure fit. Additionally, the headphones come with a quarter-inch adapter for bigger earphone jacks, a well-designed zip-up protective pouch, and a detachable carabineer.
Thanks to Denon’s Double Air Compression technology, these headphones are known to deliver a deep but controlled bass experience which the latest music genres demand from a small form factor. Similarly, Denon’s mini control wheel enables an easy control of any of your devices; be it your Apple iPhone, iPod or iPad. The device has an integrated microphone on its earpiece which provides clear sound quality for all your phone conversations. How convenient is that?
- Denon's patent-pending Double Air Compression Driver technology provides powerful bass from a small form factor.
- Ear Stabilizers (S, M, L) & custom ear tips included for a secure & perfect fit. (Silicon XS, S, M, L; Double Side Silicon S, M, L; & Comply TX-400M Foam).
- Patent-pending Mini Control Wheel & integrated microphones for on-the-go use.
Last update on 2017-03-26 | Details
All being said and done, it is undeniable that the use of earphones among almost everyone is something that has become very popular and will continue being so. Always think about your intended use of the earphones and critically analyze its features before going forward and purchasing them. Personally, I would highly recommend any of the above-discussed earphones to anyone. Not only are the prices relatively fair but also, they come in very good quality.